(Vatican Radio) On Thursday afternoon Pope Francis Francis received in a private audience Cardinal Angelo Amato, S.D.B., prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, during which he authorised the Congregation to promulgate the following decrees:
– attributed to the Venerable Servant of God Maria Teresa Casini, Italian foundress of the Oblate Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (1864-1937);
– Servants of God Fidela (nee Dolores Oller Angelats) and two companions, Spanish professed nuns of the Institute of Sisters of St. Joseph, killed in hatred of the faith in Spain between 26 and 29 August 1936;
– Servants of God Pio Heredia Zubia and seventeen companions, of the Trappists of Cantabria and the Cistercian nuns of the Congregation of St. Bernard, killed in hatred of the faith in Spain in 1936;
– Servant of God Tshimangadzo Samuel Benedict Daswa (ne Bakali), South African layperson, killed in hatred of the faith in South Africa on 2 February 1990.
– Servant of God Ladislao Bukowinski, Ukrainian diocesan priest (1904-1974);
– Servant of God Aloysius Schwartz, American diocesan priest, founder of the Sisters of Mary of Banneux and the Brothers of Christ (1930-1992);
– Servant of God Cointa Jauregui Oses, Spanish professed nun of the Company of Mary Our Lady (1875-1954);
– Servant of God Teresa Gardi, Italian layperson of the Third Order of St. Francis (1769-1837);
– Servant of God Luis De Trelles y Nuogerol, Spanish layperson and founder of the Nocturnal Adoration Society in Spain (1819-1891);
– Servant of God Elisabeth Maria (nee Erizabe-to Maria) Satoko Kitahara, Japanese layperson (1929-1958);
– Servant of God Virginia Blanco Tardio, Bolivian layperson (1916-1990).
Vatican City, 23 January 2015 (VIS) – Today, the Holy Father received in audience:
– Cardinal George Pell, prefect of the Secretariat for the Economy;
– Cardinal Gerhard Ludwig Muller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith;
– Msgr. Pio Vito Pinto, dean of the Tribunal of the Roman Rota;
– College of the Prelate Auditors of the Tribunal of the Roman Rota;
– Maja Marija Lovrencic Svetek, ambassador of Slovenia, on her farewell visit.
Yesterday, Thursday 22 January, the Holy Father received in audience Cardinal Angelo Amato, S.D.B., prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints.
(from Vatican Radio)…